High voltage electric burn injury to penis - A case report

Khan, M.K. and Ahmad, R. (2017) High voltage electric burn injury to penis - A case report. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, 39 (2). pp. 217-220. ISSN 9710973

Full text not available from this repository.

Abstract

History of electricity is not more than 300 years old as also the mortality related to it. With time, the inventions dependent on electricity made humans depend on it. Ever increasing dependency on industry and domestic needs on electricity is also exposing man to the injury by electric current and equipments running on it. The other source of such injury is lightning, which is very much life threatening due to the very high voltage content. An injury due to high voltage is often very morbid in nature due to instantaneous high energy production upon the contact with the surface of the body. Here we present a case of burn injury due to high voltage transmission wire coming in direct contact with abdominal wall a child leading to burning of the abdomen, scrotum and penis.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: Abdomen; Burn; Electrocution; Penis
Subjects: R Medicine > R Medicine (General)
Divisions: Faculties > Faculty of Medicine > J.N. Medical College > Department of Forensic Medicine
Depositing User: AMU Library
Date Deposited: 24 Jan 2018 10:41
Last Modified: 24 Jan 2018 10:41
URI: http://ir.amu.ac.in/id/eprint/10945

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item